Quotes and Tax Exempt Orders
On this page
On this page you will learn how to request tax-exempt status as well as requesting and receiving automated quotes in minutes.
Requesting Tax-Exempt Status
Tax-exempt ordering is available for US customers with valid reseller or government certification, such as military and government entities.
To request tax-exempt status:
- You must first create a Hak5 account.
- Login to your account dashboard.
- From the left side-bar, click Request Exemption, then submit documents.
Upon acceptance, typically within 1-2 business days, your account will be enabled for tax-exempt purchases. This process is only required once, as the tax-exempt status will remain in effect for the lifetime of the account. All purchases made from this account will now be tax-free.
Requesting a Quote
Hak5 provides automated means for requesting and accepting quotes. Follow the instructions from requesting a quote and one will be emailed to you within minutes. The quote will include a link to accept and complete the purchase automatically.
- Add the desired items and quantities to your cart.
- From the cart page click request quote.
- Enter the destination shipping address details and click next.
- Select a shipping rate for the quote from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the email address and click send.
- We will send a quote, valid for 30 days, by email within a few minutes with the subject line "Hak5 Quote".
- To accept the quote, follow the link at the bottom of the attached PDF to complete checkout. There you will have the opportunity to include a VAT number if needed.
- Upon completing the order, you will receive a confirmation email along with a separate email containing an attached invoice PDF, typically within 5 minutes.
Be sure to check your spam inbox for the email from [email protected] with the subject line "Hak5 Quote".
The quote will contain a special acceptance link to complete the purchase.
Hak5 does not accept payment by phone. The link at the bottom of the quote PDF and our cart/checkout is the only way to complete an order.